This cocktail, by Kris Plazek, founder of WhatToDrink.com, creates a radish and olive “eyeball,” which is frozen into an ice cube.
Bloody Eyeball Martini
Ingredients Per Cocktail
- 2 ounces of gin or vodka
- ½ ounce of dry vermouth
- 1 small pimento-stuffed green olive
- 1 large radish (the olive must be insertable into the radish)
The “eyeballs” should be prepared a day before you plan to use them.
Preparation Of “Eyeballs”
- Peel radish, leaving thin streaks of red skin on to represent blood vessels.
- Using the tip of a small, knife, scoop out a small hole in each radish.
- Stuff a green olive, pimento side out, in each hole.
- Place radish eyeballs in empty ice cube tray and put in freezer overnight.
- Place gin and vermouth in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Gently shake and pour, straining the ice, into a martini glass.
- Garnish with an olive eyeball.
Step 1: Peel radishes, leaving thin streaks of red skin on to represent blood vessels.
Step 2: Using the tip of a small, knife, scoop out a small hole in each radish, then stuff a green olive, pimiento side out, in each hole.
Step 4: Place radish eyeballs in empty ice cube tray and put in freezer overnight.